ABL, Inc. is a Finalist for the Maryland Tech Council Life Science Company of the Year
The winner will be announced at the Maryland Tech Council’s Industry Awards Celebration on June 1, 2017 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. This is the 29th year recognizing the highest achievers in the regional technology, life science and government contracting industries.
Our 2016 highilights:
– Acquired a GMP manufacturing facility in Strasbourg, France in February 2016 to expand our vaccine and viral vector manufacturing services globally, as well as to add capacity and Phase III and commercial manufacturing capabilities to complement our Phase I/II GMP manufacturing services at our Rockville, MD, USA site.
– Awarded a subcontract by Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. that was funded by Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) for the rapid transfer and GMP manufacturing of an inactivated Zika virus vaccine.
– Reached an agreement with REGENXBIO for process development and GMP manufacturing of several novel AAV therapeutics for multiple indications for human clinical trials.
– Awarded a three year extension to serve as the Biologics Production Facility for the Science Moving towards Research Translation and Therapy (SMARTT) program from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, for a total of eight years of support.
– Entered into a commercial manufacturing agreement for SillaJen’s lead product candidate, Pexa-Vec for liver cancer, currently in Phase III. Currently performing process validation activities to support commercial launch.
– Received Good Clinical Laboratory Practice Accreditation for clinical immunological testing
– Selected as a preferred partner by Quanterix to provide ultrasensitive assay services using single molecule measurement digital platform, Simoa
– Added significant multiplexing and ultra-sensitive detection capabilities to our clinical testing laboratory through the introduction of MSD and Aushon technologies.
– Added digital PCR and Octet assay platforms for industry and government clients.
– Renewed a contract for the Comprehensive Resources for HIV Microbicides and Biomedical Prevention (CRMP) by the Division of AIDS (DAIDS) to provide a comprehensive suite of preclinical product development services for candidate non-vaccine biomedical prevention products in efforts to prevent sexual HIV transmission.
The Life Science Company of the Year and Technology Company of the Year award nominee criteria:
– Innovative products and services relevant to the market
– Strong long-term prospects for business
– Evidence of market details including: market penetration, potential/proven impact on the market, and positive influence on the marketplace
– Achieved significant, measurable success (e.g., research or technical breakthrough or product approval)
– Achieved significant business milestones (e.g., merger, acquisition, license, major funding, revenue)
– Crisply executed its business plan
– Helped foster a vibrant life science or technology community
– Participated/sponsored industry activities and programs