ABL Nominated for Two Vaccine Industry Excellence Awards: Best CMO & Best CRO
Rockville, MD (February 22, 2017) – ABL, Inc. (ABL) announced today that they have been nominated for two Vaccine Industry Excellence awards, known as ViE awards. The goal of the ViE awards is to recognize industry leaders with the greatest achievements in the past 12 months within 10 categories. ABL is being considered for both the Best Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) and as Best Contract Research Organization (CRO).
Some recent accomplishments that qualify ABL for Best CMO include:
• Adding vaccine and viral vector manufacturing capacity and Phase III/commercial capabilities by acquiring a GMP manufacturing facility in Strasbourg, France, complementing ABL’s Phase I/II manufacturing facility in Rockville, MD, USA.
• Reaching an agreement with REGENXBIO to develop and manufacture several novel AAV clinical candidates addressing multiple indications.
• Producing Phase III clinical product and conducting process validation activities in anticipation of entering into a commercial manufacturing agreement for SillaJen’s liver cancer product candidate, Pexa-Vec.
Highlights for Best CRO include:
• Receiving accreditation to perform clinical immunological testing under Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP), an international standard developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) to close the gap between preclinical GLP and GCP testing.
• Adding significant multiplexing and ultra-sensitive detection capabilities through the introduction of MSD, Aushon, and digital PCR instrument platforms.
• Being selected as a preferred partner by Quanterix to provide ultra-sensitive assay services using single molecule measurement digital platform, Simoa.
“We continually strive to expand and evolve our services to meet our clients’ global needs,” said ABL’s President and CEO Dr. Thomas VanCott. “It is a great honor to be recognized as one of the best in both of our major service areas: contract manufacturing and contract research. Through supporting our clients’ unique, cutting-edge vaccines and therapies, our employees are dedicated to combating some of the world’s most challenging diseases.”
Winners will be announced at the World Vaccine Congress ViE Awards Dinner on April 10th. Winners are decided partially on industry voting and by the ViE awards Scientific Advisory Board. You can follow the link if you would like to review other award categories and vote. Initial voting ends February 24th.
About ABL, Inc.
ABL, Inc. is a global biomedical contract research and manufacturing organization dedicated to advancing vaccines, therapeutics, and other biologic products. ABL has extensive experience working with diverse organizations. With GMP facilities meeting U.S. and European regulatory standards, ABL’s manufacturing services include process and assay development, GMP biologics manufacturing of bulk drug substance, GMP aseptic fill and finish of drug product, and QC analytics. ABL also maintains U.S. and European immunological and molecular laboratories to support preclinical and GCLP clinical sample processing and testing. ABL is a part of the Institut Mérieux, a group of companies dedicated to developing translational science for better patient care globally. For more information on ABL and our services, please visit our website at www.ablinc.com.